User Reviews/Feedback for Sophia Electric™ Royal Princess 300B Tubes
Received date: May 8, 2013
As a staff reviewer for hometheaterreview.com I have been on a marathon reviewing both mono-block and integrated 300B amplifiers. Some are push/pull, single-ended and parallel designs. In any of these amps when I replaced the Full Music 300B stock tubes with the Sophia Electric Princess mesh plate 300b tube, the performance was significantly improved across ever measure. Read my prior statement here on the Sophia Electric, Inc. website for the exact specifies of why the Princess mesh plate is such a superlative sounding tube.
In that short review I stated "what the heck would their Royal Princess 300b sound like" because it was hard for me to believe that it could perform even on a higher level than the Princess mesh plate. Well, it does and at a level that is not just a touch better, but goes to a much a higher level across the total sonic spectrum. Here\'s what I have heard:
1) The most natural tone and timbres I have ever heard in my reference system.
2) The overall macro-dynamics/power has increased as if my system was being "turbo-charged" in its delivery.
3) More micro-dynamics and details with even a lower noise floor.
4) The high end extension and air is the best I have ever gotten out of my Lawrence Audio Cello speakers that use AMT drivers on the top end.
5) Another very special quality of the Royal Princess tube is how it brings you that much closer to the emotional content of the music you are listening to.
So, when I posed the question "what the heck would their Royal Princess 300b sound like", the answer is like beautiful/natural music floating into your listening space. Quite magical, indeed!
Terry London, Staff Reviewer for hometheaterreview.com