Sophia Electric 91-01 vs. 91-03 vs. 91-05 300B Single Ended Amplifiers
Positive Feedback Review: "What sets the Sophia Electric 91-03 300B SET integrated amplifier apart from all the other SETs I have listened to is that it extends that SET magic midrange up into the highs and down into the lows, and at the same time that it provides an intensely musical experience, it also provides exceptional sonic performance. It is simply the best, most enjoyable, fun to listen to, and exciting SET amplifier I have ever had in my system. As a bonus, the price is very fair." ––– Jeff Day
Sophia Electric Model 91-03 300B Dual-Mono Stereo Tube Amplifier
Sonic Purity * Super Quietness * Sonic Magic and Musicality
Sophia Electric Performance Ranking: Level Three
Sophia Electric’s competitive advantages come from superior propriety output transformers and carefully voiced driver circuit module designed by Dr. DWU and Richard Wugang.
1. Sonic Purity: voice from heaven, anything less pure is pollutive coloration.
2. Super quietness and dynamic range: totally jet black background that made this 8 watts output sound like thunder when team up with good efficient speakers(please check out SET Princess model I speakers for modest budget and Princess horn speakers at high end budget).
3. Musicality and Sonic Magic: without musicality, it would be just cold man-made machine. Sophia Electric amplifiers are proud for superior musicality and sonic magic that would make you listen to your discs again and again.
4. First class resolution: you can hear almost every voice from a grand choir group, not by brightness, but through the intrinsic native resolution power of the great amplifier.
5. Excellent extension on bass and on high frequency: this Sophia Electric single ended 300B amplifier can deliver superior bass extension without losing mid-range magic and high end extension through Sophia Electric in house made output transformers.
1. High end aluminum alloy chassis with world class of precision and artistic ascetics.
2. Sophia Electric in-house made transformers are being used to deliver the best possible single ended circuit sonic magic.
3. Proprietary driver circuit potted in an in-house made metal case epoxy potted module.
4. Combinations of variety audiophile brand parts are being used through out.
Standard 91-03 model: USD $6,500 with Princess 300B mesh plate tubes as stock 300B tubes. $500 extra for non-USA AC voltage.
1. Super quiet version: $1000
2. Sophia Electric Grade A 6SN7s (one matched pair): $240
3. Royal Princess 300Bs (one matched pair): $1,200
Sophia Electric 91-03 300B Stereo Tube Amplifier Specification
|Design:||8 watts output single ended 300b amplifier per channel with no negative feedback.|
|OPT Transformers:||Sophia Electric designed and in house made 91-03 output transformers featuring mixed vintage (WE) core and modern high tech core for sound and ultra specifications. Pure OFC copper wires are being used. Potted.|
|Power transformers:||Using the same high end core materials and winding method, one 220W power transformer per channel for AC consumption of 75w per channel x 2.|
|Input Sensitivity:||450 mv|
|Frequency Range:||12 Hz – 35 KHz +/- 3 dB|
|Residual Noise/Hum:||Super Quiet version: 0.9 mv
Standard version: 2.0 mv
|Distortion:||-0.18% at 1 watts at 1KHz|
|AC Power:||120V60Hz (USA)
European/Asia voltage. And Japanese voltage models upon request
|Required break in time:||50-100 hours|
|Warranty:||One year parts and labor, Sophia electric brand tubes one year, Non-Sophia Electric tubes 6 month.|
Copyright@2011 Sophia Electric, Inc. All rights reserved.